All throughout high school I knew exactly what I wanted to do for a living. One of the things I wanted to do was to motivate others! I love seeing people go after what they want. As I grow older and go forth in chasing my dreams by pushing people, I have noticed that some don’t even know what they want to do! That is when I decided to back things up…
——-> Finding Your Passion
1.) Try new things
Find activities going on in your area. You may see things that normally wouldn’t interest you, but try it anyway! Go all out, open your mind, and have some fun! After going on your adventures, think back to how you felt during those activities. Did you find yourself in the moment? Were you wishing to get it over with? Did something trigger you to an idea that bounces off that activity? Be sure to think outside the box. That exact thing may not be what you want to do, but take it all in because other ideas can come to you from that!
2.) Keep a notebook
Keep a notebook on you. Ideas will pop up in your head at the most random times. WRITE THEM DOWN.
Making It Happen <——-
3.) Collect your ideas + set goals
“Failing to plan is planning to fail.”
- Make a Dream Board. You now have your ideas or even have your mind set one on thing. Create a dream board, a creative visual to help you focus in and stay determined! Vision board video and write up coming soon!
- Set up a planner. Plan, plan, plan!
- Set Alarms. If you have a harder time staying on track, set alarms throughout the day to remind you, even if it’s to simply make a social media post or check your planner. Sometimes you just have to do what it takes!
- Purchase a whiteboard. Whiteboards are large and something you tend to see as your walk inside your room or office space. Consistently seeing your plans will help you achieve your goal. I write my monthly goals on one side of the whiteboard and my weekly on the other.
- Stay Motivated. Watch how to stay motivated here. For mothers, read about it here.
- Meet others who are either in your niche to collaborate with. Collaborations are great for both parties because it is exposure for each of you!
- Go through events on Eventbrite and/or Meetups.com to find something that best fits you. Once you find something, don’t forget to dress properly, bring a stash of business cards with you, and set a goal of talking to a certain amount of people!
- Join Facebook groups! There are a ton of groups on Facebook that will help you do the two things I just listed- take advantage!!!
5.) Have the right mindset (This may just be the most important one)
- Each of us put in work to make our dreams come true. We don’t always see the work of others because most people just share their success stories. Always keep that in mind when you find yourself comparing your work to someone else. You have no idea what was truly put into their project. Congratulate them, then keep it pushing. If anything those success stories should encourage you not make you jealous.
- Be real. It’s easy to overextend yourself. You can easily think about what you want to do, but actually putting it into action is a different story. Shoot for the stars, but take one step at a time. Rome wasn’t built overnight. Work smarter, not harder.
- Keep a positive attitude. Things don’t always go the way we planned, as you should know by now but never let that stop you from still going! Instead, think on your feet and still make something shake. C’mob baby, if you want this to work you have to keep up!