Wow, I must say I am surprised at the amount of activities that are available in the Huntsville area for babies ages 5+ months. I thoroughly enjoy taking my daughter out to different things daily because it keeps her active. At this age, she wants to run around everywhere so keeping her involved keeps her happy, helps with growth, and teaches her how to interact with other babies.
Below is a list of activities you and your bug can do in the Huntsville and Madison Alabama area!
Gymnastics: The Little Gym
The classes are split up by age. For the younger kiddos there’s lots of singing and tummy time. These classes are spectacular for growth. My nine month old is now trying to do forward rolls on her own! I love seeing her get better and better with each class. Her whole mood has enhanced from participating in gymnastics.
- If you want to get your baby around other babies, teach them how to crawl and walk, and just get the out of the house, The Little Gym is for you.
- To view the schedule and get signed up, click here.
Open Gym: Let’s Play
Once your baby is crawling I highly recommend going to Let’s Play. The gym is open for them to crawl around like crazy. With different obstacles, they can create their own fun!
- You can go daily or even schedule a birthday party here.
- Each guest must wear socks and every child must have a parent with them. If you’re thinking of bringing baby and an older sibling, try to bring both parents!
- For more information on hours and pricing, click here.
There are swimming pools all over the place. All you need is an Otteroo and you and baby are set. The Otteroo is a float to help your baby’s first few times in the pool.
- When trying to find pools, first see if your neighborhood has one. You can also hit up a local gym or hotel.
- To purchase an Otteroo float, click here. Be sure to use code KAYLA88 when checking out.
Stroller Stride: Fit4Mom
A group that meets you right where you are. If you’re a fitness fanatic or just had a baby, this group is for you and all those in between. The moms and babies get together Monday through Friday at different park locations. There is an instructor there to guide you through each workout. They’re catered to keeping the babies happy so you’ll be singing Its Bitsy Spider and other nursery rhymes during your exercise.
- The programs include Fit4Baby, Stroller Strides (my fave), Body Back, Stroller Barre (another fave), and Run Club.
- You can find more information about how to sign up here.
Art Class: Artnasium
This was the funniest day of my life! Seeing baby girl make a mess of paint was incredibly fun. The best part? I didn’t have to clean it up!
- When you walk in, you pay, then strip baby down to diaper. They sit on a mat, as pictured above, and go town with the paint.
- You can click here to get a schedule of classes. The studio is great for ages 0 to around 8 years old.
These are the events that we’ve found thus far. I’ll be sure to come back and add more as I find them, but until then drop any suggestions you may have! We are always looking for some fun.
Be sure to Pin the image below!