Wow, can you believe it’s already the week of Thanksgiving?
The Holidays seem to come and go faster each year. With the excitement of Black Friday and Christmas, Thanksgiving seems to get left out- minus the food the right? For that, I wanted to take a moment to recognize some things that I am thankful for.
- Gods never-ending love | I am beyond thankful for God and the love He constantly shows me.
- Life itself | Waking up in the mornings is something that can be taken away from me at any point therefor I am very thankful for new days.
- My daughter | Wow, my baby girl has changed my life. I never knew I could love this much. My heart just burst with happiness.
- Family | Ah, family is the best! And yes, my mom was always right.
- Health | I am 100% healthy and I often take that for granted.
- Creativity | Seeing the creativity I have as well as the others around me is so special.
- Laughter | I live for the moments of uncontrollable laughter.
- Diversity | Diversity in people, locations, sounds… diversity all around is beautiful.
- Moments of dancing in the rain | Seriously, the most freeing thing. Next time it rains, give dancing a shot… I promise you won’t regret it.
- Experiences | Growing up I didn’t really appreciate the things I got to do and see. Now looking back I realize I did a lot. Since my dad was military I had the chance of seeing the world while meeting new people. It was awesome.
- Blogging | Since blogging I have made so many friends and really built my business. I am thankful for this platform.
- Coffee | Because I run off coffee.
- Curly hair | I tend to complain about my hair, but honestly I love having the best of both worlds. I can wear my hair curly or straight!
- Needs | All of my needs are met: a roof over my head, car with gas, food, etc.
- Things | I have so many things that are necessarily needs. It can be easy to take these things and always want more and more. It’s about finding a balance and happy medium. Not letting these things become idols, but appreciating that I have them. (iPhone, computer glasses, a Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts up the road, nice clothes, etc.)
What are you thankful for this season?
Spend time this season to appreciate what you have and what is around you.